Here are some helpful tips for taking care of your Chromebook so that it will always be ready to use.
- Tip 1: Keep your Chromebook on a flat surface like a table or a desk. Don’t leave it on the floor where someone could step on it.
- Tip 2: Don’t pile things on top of your Chromebook. Chromebooks aren’t meant to hold weight, any extra pressure can break the screen.
- Tip 3: Make sure there isn’t anything on the keyboard when you close your Chromebook. Even something as small as a pencil or an eraser can break the screen if it’s in the way.
- Tip 4: Keep food and drinks away from your Chromebook and make sure your hands are clean. Crumbs and liquids are very bad for your Chromebook and can cause it to stop working properly.
- Tip 5: Always make sure your Chromebook is closed when you carry it. Always use two hands and never carry your Chromebook by the screen! Don’t worry about closing your Chromebook in the middle of doing something, your Chromebook will start right back up when you’re ready to use it again right where you left off.
- Tip 6: Plug your Chromebook in when you’re not using it that way it will be charged and ready for when you need it.
- Tip 7: If your Chromebook does break make sure you tell your teacher or email firstname.lastname@example.org right away. The longer you wait the worse the problem could get. Don’t try to fix it yourself let the Technology Department handle it.
- Tip 8: Remember to take care of yourself online. Be sure to stay on approved websites, keep your password private, and log off when you’re done. Remember anything that happens under your account is your responsibility.
Taking good care of your Chromebook will ensure that you always have a working device that is ready whenever you are.